Premium | Hawaii 250 gmRegular price $34.00
- Region: Sasaima, Cundinamarca, Colombia
- Farm: Cafe Granja La Esperanza, Hawaii
- Varietal: Mokka
- Process: Natural, 48 hrs in silos, 15 days solar dry
- Altitude: 1,450 - 1,530 MASL
- Notes: Nutmeg, vanilla, red fruits, chocolate, citrus acidity, dense body,
- Number of lots: 10
- Total crop area: 12,5 ha.
- Number of trees: 35.098
- Minimum altitude: 1.450 masl.
- Maximum altitude: 1.530 masl.
- Minimum temperature: 20°C
- Maximum temperature: 23°C
- Rainfall: 1.900 mm/year
- Humidity: 71%
Rigorous picking, with cherries colour purple-grape. The Brix grades for the cherries must be above in range of 17 and 18 to obtain the amount of juices for a fermentation in whole cherries that last for 48 hours open air in special barrels. The temperature of the barrels is measured every 10 hours to make sure is always in a range of 25° – 28°C.
Coffee is left for about 48 hours in silo (temperature approximately of 35°C), it is then pass to solar dry for about 15 days.
Fragrance and aroma: Intense fragrance with plums, cocoa, nuts, vanilla, and red fruits.
Taste and aftertaste: Nutmeg, vanilla, red fruits, chocolate, citrus acidity, dense body, long and complex aftertaste with sweet and nutty notes.